Yuvaan Nature Foundation provides the knowledge about the nutrition to the people so that people can take health benefits in their life by consuming the food items. Iron is one of the most important mineral for our life to keep our body healthy and energetic, prevent from many diseases or ailments.
Iron is a trace mineral present in the body in very small amount i.e. 3 – 5 gram. Most of the Iron element found in the blood (75 percent approx.) and rest of the iron i.e. about 20 percent is stored in the body organs such as the liver, spleen, kidney, and bone marrow. Approximately 5 percent iron is available in cells and muscle’s tissue.
Natural Sources of Iron in Naturopathy:
Green leafy vegetables, cabbage, apple, dates, dry fruits, guava, banana, brinjal, pomegranate, raisins, grapes, carrot, coriander etc.
Cereals like whole wheat floor, rice flakes, bajra, ragi, jowar, and pulses (specially whole one). Soyabean is an example of a pulse containing good amount of iron. Jaggary is also have fair amount of Iron.
Non Natural Source of Iron:
In Non-veg – Liver is the excellent source of iron. Other organ meats like kidney, spleen also contains substantial amount of iron.
Health Benefits of Iron (i.e. Functions of Iron):
- Oxygen Transport : Iron makes haemoglobin and haemoglobin carries oxygens and in turn helps in carrying carbon dioxide from the tissues to the lungs. From the lungs the carbon dioxide is then exhales out.
- Provision of oxygen for muscle contraction: Iron is present in muscles in the form of myoglobin. Myoglobin has the capacity to store oxygen. This oxygen is used for muscles contraction and for other immediate needs of the muscle cells.
- Promotion of oxidation within cells : Iron facilitates the complete oxydation of carbohydrates, protein and fats within the cell. This would release the energy locked up in the molecules. This is the reason, iron help us to perform physical work.
- Iron plays an important role in maintenance of specific brain functions like immediate memory, capacity to learn and attention span.
- Iron has protective and preventive function as well.
Clinical Use of Iron :
- Iron makes haemoglobin and haemoglobin carries oxygen to each and every part of your body.
- Iron fortifies your body to fight infection. Iron deficient woman may be more prone to infections and anemic.
- Iron makes energy. You need iron to produce energy from food – that’s why low iron levels can make you tired and lethargic.
- It is also support in healthy skin, nails and hair.
Note : In Naturopathy Treatment System, Yuvaan Naturopathy & Ayurvedic Center is one of the most trusted place to treat chronic and lifestyle diseases, deficiency disorders etc. Iron may play a major role to treat the people i.e. cure the ailments from the roots i.e. Low Hemoglobin, Anemia, Numbness, Lethargic, Liver, Improve Immunity etc.