Brahmi is a staple plant in traditional Ayurvedic medicine. It is also known as Bacopa monnieri. It grows in wet and tropical environments. Brahmi requires more water that’s why it can be planted in the aquarium. It has cooling effect property and memory enhancer. Brahmi is also used in health tonic. It is very effective to cure so many ailments i.e. stress, anxiety, epilepsy, insomnia, Alzheimer’s disorders, mental disorders, etc.
Health Benefits of Brahmi Herb:
- Improve Memory and Brain Function: Brahmi is a good source to improve memory and brain function. It improves attention, alertness, and concentration. It enhances short term, midterm, and long term memory. Basically, it improves response time. It also helps to reduce brain-related ailments i.e. Alzheimer’s Parkinson’s, and other neurodegenerative disorders. Basically, Brahmi has a bacosides compound that is effective to rebuild brain tissues. It also encounters amyloid functionality in the neuron that is responsible to damage the brain cells.
- Calms the Nervous System: Regular use of Brahmi in a small amount in the form of tea is very useful in nervous disorders. It also provides calmness and relaxation.
- Reduce stress and anxiety: Brahmi reduces the stress hormone cortisol which is the main reason for stress and anxiety. It is very effective to regulate the stress and anxiety hormones.
- Diuretic: It has diuretic nature that’s why it helps to promote urination. It may help to dissolve stone in the kidney and also help to prevent kidney, liver, and heart ailments because of high creatine value damages these organs. Basically, it effectively works on the excretory and circulatory system.
- Detoxify the blood: It removes the toxin from the body. It reduces pimples and acne in teenagers. It fights against wrinkles and purifies the blood.
- Good for Hair Growth: Massage of Brahmi oil is very effective in hair growth and quality but also provides relaxation to the brain. It improves brain functionality and sharpens memory. Its message is very useful at an early age because at that time it does enhance the development of our brain.
- It contains alkaloid Brahmine: It roles to improve metabolism, catabolism, and physiology. It helps to remove waste products from the body, storage of nitrogen for future use, protects from the free radicals or other predators, and regulates the growth of the cells.
- Strengthening the heart and reduce blood pressure: It helps to strengthen the heart and reduced blood pressure due to Brahmi dilate the blood vessels.
- Good for sound sleep: Brahmi provides a calm and cooling effect that’s why; massage of Brahmi oil on the head and forehead is very helpful to treat insomnia and deals with mental disorders. Brahmi can be used in the form of supplements i.e. tablet, tonic, fresh and dry leaves.
- Boost Immunity: Brahmi has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties along with other nutrients. These are very effective to boost the immune system of the body. Because it prevents cells from free radical damage and strengthening the White Blood Cells (WBC). It improves the response time of the cells that’s why the body lymphatic system builds antibodies against the virus and bacteria speedily.
- Anti Inflammatory: Inflammation is a normal process of our body to heal, prevent viruses and bacteria. But more inflammation process leads to many ailments i.e. heart, kidney, liver, diabetes, arthritis, and cancer. Brahmi has anti-inflammatory properties, due to this; it helps to reduce these above types of ailments along with arthritis pain and swelling. It also helps to cure and prevent gastric problems, ulcers, certain types of cancer, and treating irritable bowel syndrome.
- Enhance the beauty: Brahmi has antioxidant components that are very helpful to rejuvenate the scalp and enhance the regeneration of hair health. If you are doing massage regularly from the Brahmi oil that is very effective to reduce dandruff from your scalp and improve the hair quality. Tea of Brahmi leaves is very effective to improve skin quality. Brahmi leaves can also be used in Thandai. Due to antioxidant property, it protects the skin from the sun ultraviolet rays. Rubbing Brahmi leaves on the skin to prevent irritation and swelling.
- Anti Diabetes and Anti cancer: Brahmi helps to improve symptoms of hypoglycemia and it is effective to manage blood glucose levels within the limit. It also helps to prevent cancer cells due to its anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties.
- Reduce Blood Pressure: Blood pressure is a symptom of many diseases but at the initial level, medical science could not find the reasons for high blood pressure. At that time herbs play an important role to rejuvenate the body and prevent them. Brahmi has a quality that dilates blood vessels which are very helpful to improve blood circulation and reduces both systolic and diastolic blood pressure. It helps to provide nutrients and sufficient oxygen to other organs that’s why all organ’s performance is being improved.
Side effects of Brahmi:
Still no side effect of Brahmi but excess use of it may cause more urination. We should not take more than two teaspoons Brahmi power. If you are using Brahmi supplement then take advice from an expert or according to servings as mention on the bottle.
In Nature Cure System i.e. Naturopathy Treatment System, Brahmi has a lot of health benefits. It prevents so many ailments. You can consume a daily basis in the form of Brahmi tea. You can mix honey in it which improves taste and benefits both. Now a day, a lot of natural herbal and organic Brahmi supplements are available in the market. You can use those but don’t use synthetic ones. Yuvaan Naturopathy & Ayurved Center in Indirapuram Ghaziabad is the best place to know more about the benefits of Brahmi according to ailments.