Licorice Root (Glycyrrhiza glabra) : It is also known as Mulethi or Yashtimadhu. It holds a central place in Ayurvedic herbs. It is a versatile herb in India and China, for gastrointestinal health. It’s a gentle laxative, soothes and tones the mucous membranes, and relieves muscle spasms.
Benefits of Licorice Root:
- Licorice Root is an antioxidant and cancer protecting. It also boosts certain types of immune functions such as interferon production.
- Its mode of action is as an anti-mutagen, preventing damage to genetic material that can eventually result in cancer.
- Licorice root may help reduce inflammation and fight viruses and bacteria.
- It also appears to offer relief from a sore throat and promote oral health by protecting against dental cavities and Candida.
- Licorice Root herb may help to prevent or manage heartburn, bloating, nausea, belching, and beneficial in stomach ulcers.
- It applied to the skin, it may reduce symptoms of skin rash, including redness, itching, and swelling.
Be the first to comment