What is Honey?
It is a viscous food substance that is made by honey bees. Bees produce honey from the secretion of plants and flowers. The sweetness of the honey is due to monosaccharide fructose and glucose. Honey like nectar for human beings. When a human being becomes totally lifeless, weak, and loses speech even then use of honey builds new life force into the body.
Pure honey does not dissolve in water instantly and smells nice. It gets frozen in winter and melts in summer. It is called predigested food and provides instant energy.
Health Benefits of Honey:
- Provide Strength: Someone is used honey mixed with milk. It does not only make them strong but free from all the diseases also. It works from head to toe.
- Enhancing health and Beauty: It makes the human body beautiful, healthy, and glowing. It prevents and cures of many life-threatening diseases. It provides quick energy and also the richest source of nutrition which improves the organ’s health.
- Rejuvenate the body: Honey provides energy for the old person and they experience rejuvenation also. It also improves mental health. It provides calmness, concentration, and reduces stress which helps in augmenting memory in the long run. It also prevents Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disorders in old age.
- Rich Source of Vitamins: Honey is a rich source of vitamins A, B, and C. Vitamin A is used to improve skin quality and vision health. Vitamin B is used to improve the digestive system and the nervous system. Vitamin C is used to improve immunity and prevent viruses, bacteria, and fungus. Vitamin A and C both are antioxidant which prevents cells from free radical damage. Vitamin C works on the fluid and Vitamin A works on lipid.
- Rich Source of Minerals: Essential minerals like iron, copper, calcium, sodium, phosphorous, iodine are present in honey also. These minerals are very useful to improve our health. Iron is used to make Hemoglobin and provides activeness. Calcium is good for bone health, heart health, and other activity in our body. The deficiency of these minerals leads to so many diseases. But honey is a superfood which easily full fills the requirements of the body.
- Antiseptic Property: Honey has an antiseptic property that’s why it is used in skin injury, wounds healing, and skin infection. It prevents viruses, bacteria, and fungus. It also enhances the healing process.
- Improve Digestion System: Regular use of honey removes weakness of the respiratory system, asthma, weakness of the nervous system, digestive system, and skin problems.
- Improve the respiratory system: Honey has a lot of medicinal benefits. It naturally helps in curing a soreness of the throat. It has anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic properties. Due to these properties, it is effective to prevent viruses, bacteria, and fungus infection. It also boosts the immune system and prevents cells from free radical damages. It is a good source of energy. So it boosts the energy when consuming after the workout. Honey mix with zinger is very effective in respiratory systems such as cold, cough, throat soreness, and lung infection.
- Reduces Cholesterol: The consumption of honey and lemon juice removes tiredness and reduced cholesterol.
- Reduce weight: Honey makes fatty people thin and helps to maintain body mass index i.e. BMI. When somebody is used honey with lukewarm water on an empty stomach in the morning or consumes a tablespoon honey before going to sleep. It is very helpful to reduce weight because it increases body metabolic rate. It also increases the digestion system.
- Improve Skin Quality: Honey is very effective for skin glow and texture. Honey is a very good moisturizing agent for the skin, especially for dry skin. If somebody uses honey mixing with lemon and glycerin, its result is awesome. It improves skin quality and fairs the colour. It also prevents the lip from dryness. It is very effective in eczema.
- Anticancer and Anti-diabetic: Honey is a good source of antioxidant and Anti-inflammatory. It contains a lot of amino acid, vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients that controls the unconditional growth of cells and boost immunity. It also improves the digestion system which helps to reduce blood glucose levels. Honey has sugar in the form of fructose which is good for health.
- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory: Honey is a good source of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. Inflammation and oxidation are the natural processes that are going on in our body and lead to creating many ailments. Consumption of Honey is very effective to prevent and cure from the oxidation and inflammation process.
- Good for Vision health: Honey is a good source of vitamin A which is good for eye health. It prevents age-related diseases.
- Other Benefits: It is good for the sinus because of antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic properties. Due to the above properties, it reduces swelling, infection, and mucus. Mainly these three things block the nose that’s why people face problems in breathing. It opens the nose and people can easily breathe.
- Anti-bacterial property: Honey is a very good natural source of anti bacterial and anti-microbial agents. It contains hydrogen peroxide and its pH value is low that’s why harmful bacteria and fungus cannot grow in the honey. Due to the unique composition of honey, people use it to cleanse the injury and wounds.
How to Use honey:
- Honey and water mixed together should be taken on an empty stomach.
- Honey should not mix in hot water which may be harmful.
- In winters, it should be taken in lukewarm water or milk.
- It should not be heated on fire.
- Honey can take with the meal also.
Honey is a super food product that has a lot of health benefits. It provides quick energy. People can also use it as an energy drink. It is the richest source of amino acids, vitamins, minerals, flavonoids, and other phytonutrients. Basically, it is a complete food. So, the consumption of a tablespoon of honey may provide a long and healthy life. People are using honey since ancient times. Raw honey is more effective compare to process or pasteurize the honey. In the pasteurization process, a lot of nutrients are damaged.